Do I Need a VISA?

If you are a non-EEA (European Economic Area) student, you will require a visa in order to study at the school.

Language Link will provide the documentation required for students to apply for a Short-Term Study Visa which is not part of Tier 4 (SVV, ESVV, CSV).

The school will issue visa support documentation on the receipt of the non-refundable deposit of £200.
Please note that Language Link is not licenced as Tier 4 Sponsor, and we can only offer courses to applicants who apply for one of the visas listed below.

Adult Courses

If you would like to study for less than 6 months, you should apply for a Student Visitor Visa (SVV).
If you want to study for more than 6 months but less than 11 months, you should apply for the Extended Student Visitor Visa (ESVV).

ESVV Extended Student Visitor Visa – similar to the SVV (see below), but it is only for those wanting to study English language courses that are longer than 6 months and shorter than 11 months, and provides no entitlements such as work rights or the ability to extend the visa.

SVV Student Visitor Visa – a form of tourist visa (maximum six months) intended for students who want to take a short course with no other entitlements such as work rights or the ability to extend the visa; it is outside the PBS.

Junior Courses

Students under the age of 18 studying for less than 6 months should apply for a Child Visitor Visa (CVV).

CVV Child Visitor Visa – for juniors (under 18s) visiting the UK for a range of reasons for under 6 months, including summer English courses

Students who have a Tourist / Visitor Visa may study for a maximum of 6 weeks (30 days)
For any further information that you require, you should visit the Home Office website.

You can also contact us at info@languagelink.co.uk

Or alternatively, contact the British Embassy in your country.