The “IMPROTOURS – Improve Tourism skills” project is a KA1 Erasmus+ project which consisted in organising a work placement for a group of 10 students from Italy specialised in the tourism sector (hospitality, catering, cooking). 10 students from Italy were sent to London for a 4-week full-time internship during May and June 2018.
Reference of the project
Objectives of the project
The main objectives of the mobility were:
- To qualify the students involved in the mobility through a 1-month work placement in host organisations in the field of tourism in London.
- To offer an “on the job” learning opportunity in foreign companies and institutions, in order to integrate the students’ school education and ensure improvement of their professional and entrepreneurial skills especially in relation to:
- technical and professional abilities in the specific fields of management of tourism, hospitality, catering and food industry.
- abilities to find the way through an increasingly open market and evaluate the opportunities arising from such growing openness;
- abilities to meet the demanding requirements from users of tourism and hospitality services/ products;
- abilities to innovate, diversify and increase performances of public and private organisations that manage tourism and hospitality offering.
Language Link London’s activities as a partner
Language Link London was in charge of:
- Placing 10 students for a 4-week internship in the artistic and cultural sectors in London
- Arranging a full-board accommodation in a host family for the students and accompanying teachers
- Arranging the airport transfer
- Arranging the public transport
- Taking care of the Erasmus+ documentation (Erasmus+ mobility certificates, contracts, Learning agreements, certificates of attendance, evaluation document following the ECVET procedure, Final report)