Kyiv in Ukraine has long been a focus of interest for life and culture in Central Europe. A city that has seen the Mongols, the Soviet Union, and the rise and fall of a dozen empires, its a city with a huge amount of history. Kyiv is equally blessed with an incredible array of architecture and a blossoming food scene (where traditional Ukrainian food is getting the same gourmet reinterpretation every great cuisine is getting). Forbes recommends skipping Paris to visit it and Language Link agrees!
Language Link’s centre in the Ukrainian capital is looking for full time teachers on a 1 year contract. Teachers are generally expected to work 40 hours per week, covering 30 academic hours over 5 days per week subject to requirements. The position includes health cover, holidays and all standard benefits. Students will generally be K-12 or secondary school age. There is potential for classes for adult learners as well.
Teachers will report to the Director of Studies and will be expected to deliver high quality teaching within the class.
Main responsibilities and functions
– To prepare and teach classes to a high standard
– To provide thorough lesson plans for in-house and external observations in accordance with company policy and to keep accurate records of planning and work done
– To keep daily attendance records, reporting any absences to management
– To attend meetings and development training workshops
– Promoting student development through the use of technology-based learning
– Participating in the development and organisation of student projects within class.
It’s Desirable that Applicants: